Saturday, November 26, 2011

An Average Saturday Morning Date

This morning, Hubby and I went to the Farmer's Market. It's sort of a date thing with us. We go to the Farmer's Market most Saturday mornings, and then shopping at Winco. Everybody does that, right?? Ahh, true love. It pretty much goes like this: All of a sudden, there we were, alone in a 32,000 square foot building with 25 foot ceilings. Me, totally smitten by this gorgeous hunk of a man, as I was pushing the cart somewhere between the feminine hygiene isle and the 5 lb. bricks of 73% lean ground beef. Him, wielding the shopping list with such keen authority, no wasted motion as he made crucial decisions in mere nano seconds, not unlike a lion chasing his prey on the Serengeti.

Yep, folks. That's us. Each weekend. Anyway, as if that wasn't enough excitement, on our way back, we were looking at the birds in the rice fields. I love this time of year. The rice farmers around us flood the fields as soon as the rice is harvested to give the migrating birds a place to rest, eat and play a little poker when no one is looking. I thought you might like to see a few pictures I took. Here they are, just chillin'.


A few more in the air, but still taking a break.


I think their break is over! There they go!


8 comments:

  1. If you think about it, those are some very clever farmers----free fertilizer....LOTS of it!

    Love the photo of the take-off. Amazing!

    Hubby and I go to Nebraska every March for the Sandhill Crane/snowgeese/pelican migrations. Spectacular! We can literally sit for hours watching the take-offs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOve these pics...reminds me of when I lived at Clearlake...just to the ??? (bad memory) north east of there, where they grew all the rice...we'd travel through that area a lot and I was always amazed by the sights....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know you made me smile! I love this..and Mitch had a great time at the farmers market. Cheese, cheese, and more cheese! We had a fantastic time with you this last week! And who says that Winco can't be romantic!? :-) And those men of ours sure are hunky! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, too true! Yes, I love the take offs too, when they all decide that they're going to get up at once.

    Akannie, I go to Clearlake each January for a girl's sewing retreat. That's to the West of us a few hours. My aunt and uncle live on Hwy 16 outside of one of the very small towns there. Don't blink, you'll miss it. Love the post office there, it's in a lady's house!

    Becca, this was probably my best Thanksgiving ever! Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that's a pretty cool Sautrday morning date! I'd take that any day over a too-expensive dinner out and dancing. (Especially since I'm one very (VERY) bad dancer!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow, that is a ton of birds. Glad you had your camera with you so that your could share!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like how my hubby and I do things also, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete