Sunday, March 18, 2012

My Weekend Was Filled With Shopping

My sister and I got together this weekend to go to a quilt show. We had fun. We had lunch. We had quite a few laughs. And we shopped. I was the one that brought home the most. Does that make me the winner?? Here's what I bought:


A really nice, "Jelly Roll" of batiks and a batik fat quarter. I have no idea what I'm going to do with them, but they were screaming to go home with me, so how could I refuse? That was all I bought at the quilt show, but then we went boot shopping.

Aren't these sweet? I've been wanting some lace up boots for quite some time, thinking that they would be perfect for work. Unfortunately, when you wear a size 12, you can't always get what you want, even if you special order. These, believe it or not, are men's. Not sure how many men buy purple boots, but I'm not complaining!


Here they are again, just in case you want a bird's eye view. Then, as if that wasn't enough shopping for this anti-social girl, I went shopping in my sister's closet. She wanted to get rid of some of her clothes, and I just happened to be right there, raising my hand! Here's two sweet little shirts, just waiting to be worn.



I was able to grab 4 pairs of capris and 2 jeans while she wasn't looking. Score!


All in all, it was a fun day. It was nice to be able to spend the day with my sister, and I think we both needed a day off.

9 comments:

  1. OOOOH! I LOOOOVE your boots!!!! Cool! I'm green with envy! :) When I lived in Norway I used to wear boots too... There must be a little cowgirl in me! :)Where I live now it is too hot to wear boots. Love the batiks too and I'm sure you will make something beautiful. Indeed, a score from your sister's closet! Such a wonderful weekend you had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Astrid,
      I keep looking down at them thinking they are wild! I guess there's a little cowgirl in me, too. Who knew??
      ~~Lori

      Delete
  2. Whoohoo, score! Okay so who makes those boots? You know I have size 12 feet! And been dying to get some boots, but none in women's in my size!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becca,
      They are Double H. Don't know the name of the boot, but that's the brand. Men's size 10. Couldn't decide between 10 and 10.5, finally decided since the 10's didn't pinch, the leather would stretch and not be too loose later. Got them at Boot Barn. They also had different colors, but of course, I'm partial to purple. :)
      ~~Lori

      Delete
  3. WooHoo !! Yes, you WIN !!!

    lol When I was a little girl, I had the best pair of RED cowboy boots in the world!!

    What a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Akannie,
      Red boots?? Can you believe they had red ones there? I love red, too, but since I could barely justify one pair, the purple was first. When I was little, I had a pair of red patent leather Mary Janes. I loved those shoes. Slippery, though. We went to a park and I fell in a duck pond. Still remember that, although I bear no ill will towards those shoes!
      ~~Lori

      Delete
  4. Holy cow, did you ever have a good day! If Jane over at Hard Work Homestead sees those purple boots, you may have to hide them and lock the doors! Wish I had a sister who could/would give me hand-me-downs. You scored on that front, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had sooo much fun! Love the boots! :)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Score! Can't wait to see what you make with your jelly roll! Love the boots too!

    ReplyDelete