Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Coming Home

It's been cold lately. Really cold. So cold, in fact, that I've had to go outside and start my car about 15 minutes before I intend on leaving for work. It's either that or pour cold water over my windshield to get the ice off. It's been so cold, we had the fire going all day long this past weekend.
Uhhh, do I hear laughing from some folks out there? Do I hear people calling me a pansy?? A sissy? Yes? Well, let me just say that we live in California. The very sunny part of California. The part of California that doesn't get much under freezing. We get snow only once every 20 to 30 years here where we live. And we had our inch 15 years ago. Even made a tiny little snowman! Schools closed. Nobody went anywhere. Total craziness. So anyway, when it's cold like this, I tend to want to be warm. Today, I came home expecting to have to build a fire in the wood stove, since, even though David is home from school, he doesn't appreciate being warm like I do. But guess what?? I walked through the door, and the house wasn't freezing! David had started a fire for me, and then kept it going all day. Awww, what a guy! And look! Sassy likes the fire, too! Thanks, David. We both appreciate it.

6 comments:

  1. Start a car here and leave it running?
    A. Illegal
    B. Nice crime of opportunity, and happens a lot.

    Fire all day, not a pansy, we do that on the weekends. And yes it has been cold here, and yep we have had snow...and ice..today..

    36 here right now with fog..out to be interesting in the morning..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty picture. I thought it was a stock photo at first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing that could possibly beat a nice warm fire---is having someone ELSE start it. Lucky You! Sometimes it's the little things that make life so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its been cold here too ,but now a little warmer.we use wood also, but ours is mostly always fired up! I am following your blog,you are welcome to follow my blog as well,blessings Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nuthin' as warm as a wood fire! We have 3 degrees above zero right now but our wood stove is keeping us cozy warm. Needless to say, it's been going round the clock for a couple of months now here in northern Minnesota!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even if heating is not needed here, I sometimes do miss an open fireplace. Cats always find the perfect place to keep warm!

    ReplyDelete