Monday, January 11, 2010

I'm Feeling Spoiled

A little over a year ago, I had my thyroid removed. I had my thyroid removed, and then I quit taking my thyroid replacement medication for about 6 weeks, because the docs said I needed to get the hormone levels whacked to get rid of the rest of it. Have you ever had whacked thyroid levels?? The couch and I became really, really good friends. So this year, when my doc told me she wanted my levels to get all wonky again, I was excited when she told me ....get this.... I could have 2 shots instead of going off my thyroid meds for 6 weeks. Believe me, I was a happy girl! So the first one was today, the second one is tomorrow, then on Friday I will have a bloodtest, and that will be that! Easy peasy, lemon squeezy! And guess what?? I used the Valet service. Today I gave my keys to the nice young man, and walked away. And tomorrow I will do the same. Where I am going, the parking is a few blocks away, so there's complimentary valet service. How cool is that??? I also decided to take these 2 days off, and play on the way home. Today I went to the biggest thrift store imaginable, and bought a little trampoline for the classroom. The kids will love it. I can't wait to show it to them.

2 comments:

  1. How are you feeling? Where did you go? When will you find out the results? And no playing on the trampoline before the kiddos...lol!

    And aren't you always a little wonky?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your thyroid issues.
    I love feeling spoiled. Just wish I could feel that way more often. :o)
    Have fun on the trampoline!

    ReplyDelete