Thursday, November 4, 2010

Checking My Trap, (The Short Story!)

  • I've been trying to catch raccoons for a year.
  • They've eaten three dozen of my chickens.
  • It makes me sad.
  • Very sad.
  • We put up a hot wire, and added smaller wire around the whole chicken yard, but it still wasn't good enough.
  • I bought a trap.
  • The only thing I ever caught was our cats.
  • Our cats aren't smart. I caught each of them many times.
  • This is my tripped trap I found on my way out yesterday morning.
  • I thought it was one of our cats. Again.



And look what I found under the cardboard!


Finally, after a year of trying, off and on, I caught a raccoon!

7 comments:

  1. That's too funny about your cats. I happy to see that you finally caught a raccoon. I had a groundhog here last year that I couldn't seem to trap. I did trapp 20 squirrels and 3 skunks this year! The groundhog wasn't around this year though. While cleaning out my garage the other day, I found his skeletal remains...yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooo-Hooo!!! Now your chickens are safe! Your persistence paid off.
    Just a shame that your cats had to find out how the traps work…
    Elzaan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin, luckily we aren't plagued by squirrels. And skunks! How did you get them out of the trap without stinking up the whole place? Yuck.

    Huisvlyt, I'm so happy to have one less raccoon here! The cats, unfortunately, are nowhere near being brain surgeons, so sometimes they need a few tries at learning.

    Lorie, I think we should've had a party!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that must have been a surprise when you lifted the cardboard..what do you with them when you catch them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your chickens are SAFE now, or are there many more raccoons in the bushes? They look so cute, but what I've seen on documentaries.... I had not been happy having them around!

    ReplyDelete