Thursday, July 8, 2010

Voices, Heat, and Plain Jane, Homemade Lemonade

First of all, thank you, Robin, for following my blog! Welcome aboard.


I went to see my dad this afternoon. He had a doctor appointment, again, and my sister and I went with him. Yeah, we had loads of fun, then went to the pharmacy. When were leaving the pharmacy, I heard this little voice. Funny thing was, my sister heard it too! You know what it said? ............. Yogurt! Amazing that we both heard it, because the frozen yogurt place was a good two blocks away. My dad, who was waiting in the car for us, was all too happy to go with us, even though he hadn't heard the voices. Lucky he was with us, huh?? Anyway, we had frozen yogurt, went back to my dad's place, got him all comfy cozy, then we left to go home. Unfortunately for me, my car doesn't have air conditioning. It's really hot today, and by the time I got home, I was very hot, very sweaty, and very red in the face. I think a normal woman would quite possibly have died. Good thing I'm not normal! Know what revived me? The ceiling fan and my Plain Jane, Homemade Lemonade! It's amazing stuff. Try it. It's easy, tart, and it has some oomph to it. I suppose if you don't want lemonade with oomph, or are a little bit squeamish when it comes to lemon, you could back off of the juice, but really, I think it's just perfect.



Plain Jane, Homemade Lemonade

1 cup lemon juice
4 cups water, divided
1 cup sugar

Heat 1 cup of water. Stir in sugar to dissolve. Add lemon juice and the remaining 3 cups water. Stir all together. Pour over ice and enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my dear lady, no air conditioning in your car?! I don't know where you live, but even when I lived in "cool" coastal CA, there were days I would have died without air conditioning in the car. Your lemonade sounds great, but I don't think it's a civilized replacement for AC. :)

    p.s. I hope your Dad is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is your dad doing?

    No a/c? I would have melted, melted! It was 96 here today..and thank goodness for the a/c..can you pass me some lemonade? Can you make that with Splenda?

    Hugs,
    B..
    who is working on more slides!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your dad is doing well. Ah, what tastes better than homemade lemonade on a scorching (spelling?) day?! I use to make it too, even now, in "winter". We use fresh lemon juice, which is good for health too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all for well wishes for Dad. We'll know more in a few weeks!

    thyme2garden, yeah, we basically have no a/c. At home either. We're pretty freaky like that. And you're right, lemonade is no real replacement for a/c!

    Becca, you get her girlie, and I'll make you lemonade. With Splenda! In the meantime, keep yourself cool at your place.

    Astrid, I usually get some lemons from my aunt and uncle for juicing. I freeze them in ice cube trays to use in the summer for things like lemonade. Then when I run out of those, I resort to the store bought stuff in the jar.

    ReplyDelete